- Visit website
IQ Academy was established in 2006 as a provider of distance learning short courses in the business related sciences. IQ Academy was a small department of Centurion Academy, a Private Higher Education Institution, focused on industry skills required to ensure employability. IQ Academy grew from humble beginnings into a substantial force in the private distance education landscape. With the success of our students and the desire to offer our students more, Centurion and IQ Academy management decided to establish IQ Academy as an Independent Private Education Provider. IQ Academy exited the Centurion Academy umbrella and merged with Fernwood Business College (Pty) Ltd to establish a new tertiary institution named IQ Academy (Pty) Ltd. The newly formed IQ Academy is registered with the Department of Higher Education as a Private Higher Education Institution; and also provisionally registered as a Private Further Education & Training College.
Vision and Mission
IQ Academy provides affordable and accessible private distance education that empowers our students without compromising on quality. At IQ Academy we believe that education holds the key to a successful nation and a skilled and capable workforce that drives economic prosperity. IQ Academy recognises the socio-economic challenges within our community and in today’s highly competitive and technology enhanced landscape certain sectors within our communities are struggling to access employment or receive the backing to follow their entrepreneurial dream. With humanity driving innovation and change like never before, we find ourselves in a complex and sometimes daunting employment and skills environment. It is within these challenges that IQ Academy carved out its vision and redefined what education means within this changing society and distilled it to its simplest context.
Our Vision is: “Improving lives through education” ™
We believe that education and learning is a cornerstone of what it means to improve your life and the lives of those around you. From its simplest form when a parent teaches their child to tie their shoelaces to a business graduate obtaining his/her qualification and getting that job that earns them their first salary. We made a commitment to realising our vision and will strive to achieve it every step of the way by focusing on our students’ needs and the environment around us. We will achieve this through a clearly defined mission statement that provides our roadmap to success:
Our Mission is:
- We provide distance education to South Africa that meets the educational needs of our students and equips them to overcome their personal socio-economic challenges and those of the community we both serve.
- We will achieve this through continuously improving and innovating our distance education solutions, products, student support and technology to suit the changing environment whilst remaining committed to quality and our regulatory community.
- We will strive to live our core values and invest in our people so that as an organisation we may impact as many lives as possible through what we do.
- We aim to build and grow sustainable relationships with our students, stakeholders and shareholders and positively impact the local and the international community.
Benefits for You
Why IQ Academy?
IQ Academy’s ambition is to provide access to distance education and training that has a significant positive impact on our students' lives through employment relevance, quality curriculum and adaptable teaching and learning methodologies that suite our diverse students. It is within this context that we aim to realise our vision.
At IQ Academy we focus on four key value propositions aimed at ensuring what we do aligns with our vision.
- Access to education is a priority throughout the structures of the Department of Higher Education and the greater community. We as a private institution support our regulators and stakeholders in achieving their vision by continuously focusing on innovation and accessibility to education for more students.
- Through our programmes, course development and implementation strategies we aim to make our courses accessible to our demographically diverse students. Our programmes and courses are also modular and are thus designed for easy access and completion.
- We invest in our people and technology to ensure learning programmes are fully supported and students have access to dedicated programme managers while assistance is available through various channels (telephone, digital, email, social media and soon to be launched a student portal).
- As a distance education institution with students from across the greater South Africa, we recognise the challenges our students may experience versus those studying at traditional face-to-face institutions. We aim to bridge the distance gap through promoting and facilitating connectivity and social interaction between academic staff-and-students and student-and-students, thereby establishing a virtual community.
- We innovate and apply continuous improvement principles to ensure we can offer an affordable learning experience without compromising on the quality thereof.
- We consistently innovate our fee payment plans and provide access to innovative payment solutions that enable and promote access to education.
- We offer formal education courses which are fully accredited and registered with the required regulatory bodies.
- Our own short personal development courses are internally accredited through our own rigorous quality management system ensuring that they meet our students' and industry expectations.
- We work closely with our various regulators to ensure a sustainable partnership for the benefit of our students.
- We strive through our quality management system to ensure that each programme we offer is of the highest standard.
- People aspire to "things" in life, be they achievements, recognition or material possessions, and we recognise that we need to enhance our students' aspiration to achieve more than they ever dreamed possible.
- We aim to develop our brand into a leading aspirational private distance education provider recognised by industry and employers across every sector of the economy. By providing our students with a learning experience and not just a qualification.
- We aim to enhance our brand through engaging with our communities and ensuring that our institution is a valuable social asset for the greater society.
- Through association with IQ Academy our students will enjoy the benefits of a recognised and respected academic institution delivering quality course to students who will become capable of delivering value to the economy.
Academic teaching and learning capacity remains a key focus area of IQ Academy and we are committed to continue developing our capacity in: provision of education and learning to our students; academically supporting students in their academic careers; operating in the regulatory framework and in every facet of education to ensure a quality learning experience for our students.
Key benefits our students enjoy from IQ Academy distance learning:
- Fully supported teaching and learning environment to help you pass
- No need to attend classes everyday which saves you money
- Benefit of being able to work whilst studying at your own pace
- Flexible interest free repayment plans
- No hidden or additional costs for text books
- You will receive everything you need in your pack along with study guides which will guide you through the study material as if you were attending class
IQ Academy (Pty) Ltd Company Registration No. 2006/033114/07 is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training until 31 December 2021 as a Private Higher Education Institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997, Registration Certificate No. 2012/HE07/001.
IQ Academy (Pty) Ltd (formally known as Fernwood Business College), Company Registration No. 2006/033114/07 is provisionally registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a private Further Education & Training College until 31 December 2018, Registration No. 2009/FE07/102.
IQ Academy further has various other accreditations in the Technical and Vocational Education and Training Landscape (Previously Further Education and Training - FET), such as:
- Services Sector Education and Training Authority (SSETA)
- Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (FASSET)
- South African Board of People Practices (SABPP)
- Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA)
- Institute of Business Studies (IBS)
Latest courses from IQ Academy
Higher Certificate in Marketing Management Course
See more courses by IQ Academy
NQF Level: 5, Credits: 120 The higher certificate programme in marketing management is designed with the purpose of equipping students with foundat...
Higher Certificate in Business Management Course
See more courses by IQ Academy
NQF Level: 5, Credits: 120 This business management certificate in the higher education band aims to prepare students for a career in general manag...
Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management Course
See more courses by IQ Academy
NQF Level: 5, Credits: 120 The Higher Certificate in Human Resource Management certificate course is created to qualify students for entry level po...