Paddy’s Refrigeration and Airconditioning Training Centre is a highly specialized training facility focusing primarily on addressing the training needs of the Refrigeration and Airconditioning industry.
We provide end to end customised training solutions by:
- Determining the skills gap of company staff,
- Conducting the necessary training interventions to address the skills gap,
- Assessing post training performance improvement and providing on-going post training support
- We create and foster long term partnerships with our customers by ensuring constant communication with the company management relating to their staff training progress.
1.1 Vision, Mission and Values
Our vision is to become the leading training provider of comprehensive Refrigeration and Airconditioning in South Africa.
Our mission is to provide the Highest Quality and most Cost Effective Education & Skills Training to all staff, and unskilled individuals wishing to achieve Standards and Qualifications registered on the NQF by the following means:
- Provision of Tuition and Assessment
- Serving specifically as a Further Education and Training institute
- Working in National, Local and Sectoral Contexts
- Being committed to continuous improvement
- Taking accountability for our actions
Our values are:
Paddy’s Refrigeration & Airconditioning Training Centre is focused in the short to medium term to achieve the following:
- Substantially improve the performance level of technical staff within companies through focused training interventions - resulting in increased profitability to the companies
- Positively impact on the unemployment rate by skilling job seekers
- Create SME Business entrepreneurs in the Refrigeration Airconditioning industry.
- Expansion and creation of additional training centres both locally and nationally
2. Company History
The Late Mr Paddy Padayachee, founder of the Training Centre, joined the Refrigeration and Airconditioning industry in 1970. He qualified with a trade diploma whilst employed by Homeaire.
His success and commitment led to the launch, in 1983, of his own business, Paddy’s Refrigeration and Airconditioning, specializing in sales, design, installation and maintenance.
Fuelled by his experience and his passion to teach others, he joined the Thekwini College in 2000. Recognising the lack of skilled personnel within the existing Refrigeration and Airconditioning companies, Paddy started part-time Saturday classes to uplift the quality of service personnel. This training was moved, in 2003, to UAD TRANE Training Centre and Airtronic Spares Training Centre.
In 2007, with the support of the above companies, Paddy and his son Leshen founded Paddy’s Refrigeration and Airconditioning Training Centre, with the vision of satisfying the training needs of the industry, and the creation of job opportunities to new entrants in the field.
Training is our central focus and is regarded as a key factor in our growth. In keeping with the world’s best practices we are continually modifying and incorporating the latest training technology to ensure our training remains relevant, and conforms to the highest and most demanding quality standards.
Paddy’s brings a fresh and innovative approach to training by being the voice for the industry.
We offer :
- Learnerships (NQF Level 2,3,4)
- Skills courses
- Tailor made course’s
- Trade test preparation
- Trade Testing
- Pressure equipment regulation act
- In-service onsite training
We are involved in end to end training, from implementation to completion, and continual support post training.
4. Accreditation and Registration
BEE Level 3
5. Market Segmentation
Each group has different needs based on work situation and past trade experiences.
The courses we offer are specifically developed for persons already in the air conditioning and refrigeration industry, or those wanting to get into this field for the first time. On successful completion of the courses learners will be equipped with the necessary knowledge and practical skills to function effectively in the air conditioning and refrigeration field.
Our courses are scheduled to take care of learners’ individual needs, and also avoid production time loss in companies:
- Full time classes (Monday to Friday 8am to 2pm)
- Part time classes (Saturdays 8am to 2pm)
- Individual classes (8am to 2pm)
6. Client list Paddy’s Training Centre has a broad spectrum of companies making up its customer portfolio. This diverse group of companies is indicative of our flexibility and adaptability in satisfying the varied needs of our customer base. We have partnered approx. 150 companies in KZN, providing effective training for all.
Listed below are some of our satisfied customers:
7. Contact details Address:
53 Blackburn Road, Durban North, 4051
Telephone nos.: 031 5648769 Cellphone nos.: 083 5603 170 / 076 1987 22
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com