• Computerised Accounting (Pastel)*
• Word Processing*
• Presentation Graphics*
Learners must register for all the Boston modules listed above to be awarded the ICB module Junior Bookkeeper: Computerised Bookkeeping (ICB) via the process of recognition of prior learning (RPL).
• Bookkeeping to Trial Balance (ICB)**
• Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns (ICB)**
• Financial Statements (ICB)**
• Cost and Management Accounting (ICB)**
• Business Literacy: Communication and Mathematics (ICB)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Five (5) Formative activities and evaluations (tests) comprise a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) that is weighted 30% of the final grade. The Summative Assessment is weighted 70% of the final grade. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Membership, Assessment and RPL fees to ICB, and Pastel on-line Assessment fee will be charged separately.
Logical | Accurate | Methodical | Responsible | Ethical
• Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Ability to complete monthly and annual bookkeeping function
• Skills for depreciable asset disposal, year-end adjustments, preparation and analysis of financial statements for sole proprietorships, partnerships, close corporations, companies and a thorough understanding of cash flow statements
• Ability to complete basic management accounts and a working knowledge of breakeven analysis, cost-volume-profit analysis, advanced costing, budgeting and standard costing, financial management and business ethics
• Eligibility to complete SARS returns other than income tax assessment returns
Grade 11 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) L3. No prior Accounting knowledge needed. Learner must be at least 16 years of age.
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / OCCUPATIONAL QUALIFICATION
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Further Education & Training Certificate: Bookkeeping (Certified Senior Bookkeeper) SAQA ID 58376, NQF L4, 130 credits from FASSET SETA.
FURTHER STUDY OPPORTUNITIES
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to a Boston Higher Certificate Programme or an Occupational Qualification. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admission nor advanced placement is assured.