About the course
FOUNDATION LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME (FLP)
*Complexity Level M
Why this programme?
In today’s complex and rapid changing market, success is not guaranteed by years of experience or work expertise. A solid foundation of leadership skills and knowledge is required and vitally important. The fabric of the Foundation Leadership Programme comprises programme content that will fast-track students to become team leaders.
New team leaders/first line supervisors or persons with the potential to move into a first line supervisory role, who need to acquire both functional and interpersonal skills in order to lead a group/team and unlock maximum performance.
Applicants should have a Matric / NQF Level 4 qualification with an acceptable level of literacy in English and at least two years’ work experience. Applicants will be required to go through a selection process. RPL can be considered during the application
One year, part-time studies. There are two in-takes annually – one at the beginning of the year and one mid-year.
Kindly request a quotation for pricing of this programme, inclusive of assessment.
Exit Level Outcomes
- Implement improvements in own work practices that contribute to the achievement of team objectives by applying basic principles of quality, time management, safety management and continuous improvement practices.
- Contribute to improved team performance through motivating self and others, dealing with conflicts effectively, harnessing diversity in own team and leading problem solving initiatives.
- Implement strategies to improve personal effectiveness in achieving work objectives through effective participation in teams, assertiveness and written communication skills.
- Make recommendations with regards to the ethical and legal requirements associated with the work of a team in terms of managing human and non-human resources.
- Contribute to strategies that are associated with effective management of people in order to establish a well-functioning team.
Students who successfully complete all the modules will receive a Nelson Mandela University Certificate of Compliance and credits onto stipulated learning programmes. Certificates will be awarded at an official ceremony.
For further information or to register contact:
Nelson Mandela University Business School,
2nd Avenue, Summerstrand,
Republic of South Africa
Tel: +27 (0)861 504 500