About the course
This course delves into the basics of electrical engineering and industrial control systems needed to automate industries by means of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s).
After completing the course students will be able to:
- Understand and describe the term Industry 4.0
- Design and develop an industry related project or model
- Be able to communicate verbally, textually and graphically with industry experts on related topics
- Analyse simple calculations in Electrical Engineering – direct current, single phase and 3-phase alternating current
- Understand the power generation of electrical systems
- Apply electrical knowledge to be able to wire an electrical panel using basic industry components
- Understand control environments
- Have a good basic knowledge of various instrumentation used in industry including sensors and actuators and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI’s)
- Develop medium level competence in Siemens and other Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and be able to create solutions to industry problems
- Analyse the difference between a variety of different PLC brands
- Adhere to safe practices and standards
Tutorial Project: – panel wiring in industry as well as FESTO ®™ pneumatic model automation using PLC’s.
Design Project: – design, build and present a model related to the course material.
Times: Monday – Friday 09h00 – 16h00