About the course
NQF Level 5 (SAQA ID: 23618) 120 CREDITS Foundation Level
1. Business and Office Administration 1
2. Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
3. Business Literacy
4. Marketing Management and Public Relations
5. Business Law and Administrative Practice
6. Cost and Management Accounting
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in an organisational environment.
• Carry out simple communication tasks involving the analysis, contextualisation and synthesis of written material dealing with the basic principles and ideas underpinning public relations as a professional management disciplines
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of current legal provisions regarding the Administrative practice of corporate bodies in the South African context.
• Perform tasks of a Junior Secretary
• Demonstrate an understanding of the functions and purposes of accounting and its purpose in the business environment; explain the accounting processes through practical examples, and develop experience and confidence in dealing with practical situations as a basis for further studies.
• Demonstrate a basic understanding of the principles of cost and management accounting. Show insight into the principles of Financial Management and Decision-making.
• Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the role of marketing, finding marketing opportunities, the marketing mix, and controlling marketing plans and programmes.
• Junior Office Administrator
• Office Assistant
• Public Relations Officer
• Junior Secretary
• Marketing Administrator
• Grade 12 (Standard 10), National Vocational Certificate (NCV: NQF Level 4), Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC: NQF Level 4) or equivalent.