About the course
The French Full-Time Course runs for 3 hours a day, from Mondays to Fridays and can be booked for a minimum of 2 weeks. Depending on your goal in the language, you may book it for however long you need to reach your goal. Our Full-Time courses can start on any Monday of the year, so all you should do is book your course or get in touch so that we may arrange for you. The lessons take place at our language school in Cape Town.
- Monday to Friday
- 13h30 until 17h00
- 30-minute break
- Maximum 8 students
- Minimum 2 weeks duration
Please note the information below are topics that are covered in the beginner’s level. As you progress through the various levels, the amount of knowledge you hold of the language will also increase:
- Greetings: name, age, job, nationality
- Numbers: 1-100 – spelling, pronunciation and drilling
- Alphabet: Names of letters
- Letter sounds: phonetics, vowel and consonant sounds. Combination sounds (digraphs)
- Days and Months: recite, write, drill
- The weather: What’s the weather like today?
- Classroom items: This/that, these/those – pen, pencil, table, chairs, whiteboard etc.
- Like/dislike: introduce activities – swimming, dancing, shopping, playing sports, watching TV, reading, running, cooking
- Restaurant conversation: Food and Beverage vocabulary – “Can I have…?” Restaurant role play.
- Telling the time: the hour, quarter past/after, half past (thirty), appointments, morning, afternoon, evening
- Action Verbs: can & can’t walk, eat, jump, run, sleep, play, talk, learn, fly, make, do, go
- Adjectives: big, small, tall, happy, sad, thin, beautiful, clever, friendly
- Present tense: routine vocabulary and truths/facts
- Past tense: basic introduction to tense and regular action verbs