About the course
NQF Level: 5, Credits: 120
This business management certificate in the higher education band aims to prepare students for a career in general management and/or to proceed to higher levels of study and specialisation in the field of Business Management. The Higher Certificate in Business Management not only lays a solid theoretical foundation about general and business management principles, but also contains an experiential learning component typically found in business management practices. Through the acquisition of knowledge and applying such to real-world problems, the student becomes more attractive to the marketplace, and thus more employable. Whether you want to do this Higher Certificate Business Management Course in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg or anywhere in between, you will have equal access to our student support portals and related student services.
Higher Certificate Courses
Business Management and Administration Courses
R8,985.00 per year (2 years – Total Fee: R17,970)
Course Payment Plan:
R599 x 30 months (other flexible plans available)
Maximum duration is 3 years, however average time for completion varies from 18 to 24 months
- Scope of knowledge
- Method and procedure
- Problem solving
- Ethics and professional practice
- Accessing, processing and managing information
- Producing and communicating information
- Context and systems
A matric exemption certificate is not required for entry into these Higher Certificate programmes. Prospective students who have qualified with a school leaving certificate in its most basic form, i.e. excluding Matriculation Exemption, and which has been issued by an approved authority in South Africa, such as Umalusi, will be considered.
The following minimum requirements apply:
- National Senior Certificate with at least 30% in the language of teaching and learning; OR
- A Senior Certificate with at least 30% in the language of teaching and learning; OR
- A National Certificate Vocational (NCV) (Level 4) with at least 30% in the language of teaching and learning.
For international candidates not in possession of a school leaving certificate (in its most basic form i.e. without matric exemption), issued by an approved authority in South Africa, such as Umalusi:
The following school leaving qualifications will be considered for access into these Higher Certificates, with due regard to subject combinations:
General Certificate of Education, International Certificate of Education, Cambridge Overseas School Certificate, International General Certificate of Secondary Education and Similar School Leaving Certificates:
For the above, the following subject combinations are required:
1. A total of four different subjects, including three Ordinary Level / IGCSE subjects graded A to C (or 1 to 6), plus one Advanced Level; OR
A total of six different subjects, including five Ordinary Level / IGCSE subjects graded A to E (or 1 to 8), plus one Advanced Level.
2. A total of five different subjects, including three Ordinary Lev el / IGCSE subjects graded A to C (or 1 to 6), plus two passes at one of the following levels: Advanced Supplementary, Higher General Certificate of Secondary Education (graded 1-38), South African Senior Certificate Higher Grade, or recognised equivalent; OR
A total of seven different subjects, including five Ordinary Level / IGCSE subjects graded A to E (or 1 to 8), plus two passes at one of the following levels: Advanced Supplementary, Higher General Certificate of Secondary Education (graded 1-3 – Grade 4 is considered to be the equivalent of IGCSE Grades A-C), South African Senior Certificate Higher Grade, or recognised equivalent.
Each of the above combinations must include English Language, or the mother tongue as a first language