About the course
Dip. (Human Resource Management)
SAQA ID 90719
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus & Business College Head Office in the distance education mode, with all other Boston City Campus & Business Colleges operating as Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus & Business College branch countrywide.
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
YEAR ONE MODULES
• Computer Literacy 1 (HCLP1171)*
• Computer Literacy 2 (HCLP2171)*
• Human Resource Management 1 (HHRM1161)**
• Company Law 1 (HCML11615)**
• Industrial Psychology 1 (HIND11615)**
• Financial Management 1A (HFMN1A161)**
• Human Resource Development 1 (HHRD1161)**
• Socioeconomics 1 (HSEC11615)**
• Public Relations 1 (HPR1161)**
• Financial Management 1B (HFMN1B161)**
YEAR TWO MODULES
• Human Resource Management 2 (HHRM2161)**
• Labour Law & Industrial Relations 2 (HLLW2161)**
• Business Management 1 (HBMN11615)**
• Human Resource Development 2 (HHRD2161)**
• Socioeconomics 2 (HSEC2161)**
• Project Management 1 (HPRM11615)**
• Industrial Psychology 2 (HIND21615)**
YEAR THREE MODULES
• Human Resource Management 3 (HHRM3161)**
• Labour Law & Industrial Relations 3 (HLLW3161)**
• Applied Research (HAPRD161)**
• Human Resource Development 3 (HHRD3161)**
• Business Management 2 (HBMN21615)**
• Work Integrated Learning DIPHRM (HWDHR3171)**
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of 1 (one) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Two (2) formal Formative Assessments are completed and weighted at 20% (each) of the final grade. No supplementary opportunity is provided for Formative Assessments. Two (2) Summative Assessments are completed and weighted at 50% and 10% of the final grade. A maximum of 1 (one) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for each Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
Based on the credits and notional hours of this qualification, the minimum duration is six semesters over a period of three years, and the maximum duration is six years.
On completion of the programme, graduates will have the necessary knowledge and practical skills required to:
• Operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
• Apply general human resource management and development principles to real life situations and adhere to regulatory requirements in performing human resource functions
• Manage financial and technology resources in organisations
• Analyse data and legal information
• Demonstrate business management and project management skills
• Identify the socio-economic needs of society and display cultural sensitivity within organisations
National Senior Certificate (NSC), with English as one of the modules passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma study; or National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V)), with English as one of the modules passed and with endorsement for admission to Diploma studies; or Prior to 2009, Senior Certificate with English as one of the modules passed.
BOSTON HIGHER EDUCATION PROGRAMME
Upon successful completion of the qualification, the Learner will be issued a Diploma in Human Resource Management SAQA ID 90719, NQF Level 6, minimum 366 credits from Boston City Campus & Business College.