About the course
Aligned to Unit Standard 14359 │ NQF Level 2 │ 5 credits
Abigail Van Buren, the writer of Dear Abby, once said, “There are two kinds of people: those who come into a room with the attitude, ‘Here I am!’ and those who have the attitude, ‘There you are!’”
This course is a two day exploration about the type of impact we want to have in life and work. Participants will consider and define the influence that they can have on their life and work. They will also learn skills for success and how to create those circumstances.
Purpose of the Unit Standard
This unit standard provides a broad introduction to the business environment. It is the starting point for a learner in a selected business sector. The focus is knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in relation to the learner`s own context and experience of the world of work.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Speak in terms of the impact and influence that you want to have in life and work
- Understand your personal style in terms of your personal brand
- Develop skill in areas like focus, concentration, and communication to support your brand
- Build credibility and trust by living your brand
- Take ownership of your image, both online and in person
- Behaving appropriately in a business environment
- Interpreting body language in the workplace
- Meeting people in a business setting
- Applying business ethics in the workplace